We are on the hunt for a HR & H&S Admin superstar who is motivated, organised and a brilliant multi-tasker.
We are currently on the search for a highly motivated and well-organised individual to join the People, Safety and Quality team in a HR and H&S Administrator capacity. The key focus of this position is to provide a range of administration support to the HR and H&S teams. This position will be based in our Sockburn-based offices and will report to the HR Manager.
A typical day in this role will include tasks such as:
- Assisting the HR Advisor with end to end recruitment – booking pre-employment activities, managing and responding to applicants on our recruitment database, with a commitment to ongoing candidate care
- Assisting with large scale recruitment assessment centres
- Scanning, uploading and filing recruitment and H&S documents
- Regularly monitoring and coordinating staff and customer inductions
- Looking after Christchurch staff uniforms – conducting monthly stock- counts, allocating staff with uniforms, entering this information to our internal system and coding invoices to departments
- Assisting the H&S Manager with incident management (data entry and corrective actions)
- Attending HR and H&S meetings to assist with note taking
- Providing reports from our internal system for board reporting, health and safety reporting, internal management reporting and any other ad-hoc reporting as required
- Website Maintenance – regular updates of employee details and job vacancies on the website
- Drug and alcohol testing – Assist the HR team with pre-employment, random and reasonable cause testing on a regular basis (note the successful applicant will be trained)
- Ongoing administration support to the HR Advisor and Health and Safety Manager, including typing of minutes, distribution of memos, data entry, filing, booking appointments, assisting with investigations
This position will have some regular tasks to own that make up a “business as usual” portion of their role, as well as a good deal of ad-hoc project work. Recruitment will be a core focus in peak periods of the year, so experience with end-to-end, fast paced recruitment would be favourable, as would some base knowledge of transport and/ or logistics.
This role requires someone who is happy to put their hand to most things without hesitation and takes on tasks at the drop of a hat.
Essential pre-requisites for the position are top-end Microsoft office skills, awesome organisational skills, the ability to juggle and prioritise lots of tasks and a personable approach. A great sense of humour will help you get through the day.
If you are a motivated self-starter looking to develop your HR career, flexible with working hours and happy to go the extra mile, we want to hear from you!
To apply, visit our website, www.hiltonhaulage.co.nz and tell us why you are the right person for this role. For further information, please contact Jo Bailey (HR Manager) on 027 403 0398.