Hands-on HR Advisor required for a busy and varied position, working amongst the operation to make things happen.
Due to company growth and an internal promotion, an opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced HR Advisor to join the People, Safety and Quality team. Based at the Head Office in Washdyke, this role will report to the HR Manager based in Christchurch and will be supported by a part time HR Administrator in Timaru. The HR Administrator has been with the company for a number of years and will offer high level support to this role.
The successful HR Advisor will be responsible for all HR support functions for the Washdyke branch. This includes a bulk division, general transport and storage division and all Head Office based staff. In addition to this there are Hilton Haulage employees located at the Oceania Dairy Factory at Glenavy – you will therefore be supporting approximately 150 staff in total.
For those who thrive on change and who enjoy the variety that HR roles offer, you will relish the fact that this is a fast-moving role; one moment you’ll be investigating an employee incident, the next you will be sifting through piles of CV’s or running a recruitment centre for the new dairy season!
- · Recruitment – writing job adverts, shortlisting candidates, interviewing, negotiating job offers, and running large scale seasonal recruitment drives
- · Employment Relations – supporting and coaching Managers, managing and providing feedback to staff, assisting with performance management plans and incident investigations
- · Learning & Development – onboarding new employees, running the induction process, booking and recording attendance on professional development courses
- · HR Processes – ensuring new policies and procedures are communicated effectively, and manage internal databases
- · Health & Safety – support the safety team in promoting safety messages, ensure staff adhere to site rules, and assist with accident investigations
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate your HR experience preferably within the transport, logistics or supply chain industry however this is not essential. An HR qualification is desirable, although 3+ years of experience at this level will also be viewed favourably. This is a busy role that requires strong influencing skills to enable positive change, quick thinking and decision making. Adaptability, flexibility and resilience are key to making this role work.
This position is not for the faint hearted and a sense of humour will help. Having the ability to move at pace and with boundless energy is really important. Advanced MS Office skills are required, along with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
While this is a Monday to Friday position with standard hours there is the requirement to be flexible to meet with staff members both early in the morning and late at night and to work from a range of sites from time to time.
The successful applicant will join a well-recognised company at a time of growth. A competitive salary along with full medical insurance form part of the package.
To apply for this position please visit our website – www.hiltonhaulage.co.nz – complete the application form and upload your CV. For any enquiries, please call Jo Bailey on 027 403 0398 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org