We are on the hunt for an Operations Supervisor to join our small but busy team at the Oceania Dairy site in Glenavy.
Due to an internal promotion, the position of Operations Supervisor has become available based at the Oceania Dairy site in Glenavy reporting to the Transport Manager – Dairy. The Operations Supervisor will play a vital role in the success of our Dairy Transport operation which currently consists of 20 staff and 6 milk tankers.
The key purpose of this role is to assist with the day to day running of operations; this includes managing driver’s workloads, scheduling trucks, responding to driver queries and working with farmers to ensure a smooth milk collection process. In addition to this, the Operations Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the team is fully compliant, trained and educated. This is achieved by auditing driver requirements such as logbooks and run sheets, processing customer inductions and assisting in the creation and distribution of SOP’s and Procedure Manuals when required.
Ideally applicants will offer:
- · Dispatching and/or scheduling know-how
- · Previous experience in a people management and/or Supervisory capacity
- · Class 5 licence
- · Knowledge of the transport industry
- · Strong computer skills
- · Ability to work within any team; adjusting behavior and approach to fit individual environments
- · Effective verbal and written communication skills
- · The ability to maintain confidentiality
- · Open and flexible approach to work
- · Exceptional work ethic and high levels of professionalism
This is a full time salaried position (predominantly dayshift) with weekend work an expectation. The successful applicant will join a well-recognised company at a time of growth. A competitive salary along with full medical insurance form part of the package. Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
To apply for this position, please submit a Cover Letter and CV outlining your relevant experience using the Apply Now function. For any enquiries please call Jo Bailey (HR Manager) on 027 403 0398 or email firstname.lastname@example.org