An exciting full time, permanent opportunity to join a dynamic business awaits the right candidate in this varied payroll position.
Hilton Haulage is a diverse, well established organisation offering transport and logistics solutions to a wide range of customers predominantly in the Canterbury area. We operate at the forefront of our industry and we continue to go from strength to strength.
We are searching for an experienced Payroll Administrator to be based in the Timaru Head Office in Washdyke. The successful candidate will report to a senior Manager and will enjoy working closely with the hard-working HR and finance teams.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure a 100% accurate and reliable fortnightly payroll service for up to 400 staff. In addition to this, full coordination of all administrative payroll tasks is required.
Other responsibilities include:
- Answering and resolving queries relating to employees pay and leave entitlements
- Day to day administration duties including entering new hires into relevant software systems and completing accurate termination processes
- Completing monthly wage/salary reconciliations
- Kiwi saver, ACC Claims and Medical Insurance processing
- Generate regular reports regarding termination statistics, annual leave entitlements, costing analysis as requested by the senior team
- Maintain an up to date awareness of technical, legislative and procedural issues related to payroll and HR
- Maintain personnel files in conjunction with the HR team
- Data Checking and data entry
Ideal applicants will have at least three years’ experience processing high-volume end-to-end payroll. In addition, you will have the ability to meet tight deadlines and adapt to change, as there are some exciting changes ahead at Hilton Haulage; a new payroll software system and the introduction of electronic timesheets and electronic logbooks in the near future. Applicants must therefore be computer savvy (MS Office) and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
You will confidently demonstrate up to date technical payroll knowledge and MS Excel skills and you will be well organised with strong attention to detail. The ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality is a must. A natural people person, you will enjoy working as part of a friendly team in the fast-moving transport industry.
Along with a competitive salary, the successful candidate will also enjoy access to medical insurance and the chance to work in an environment where their ideas and suggestions for improvement will be heard.